Job Posting – Regional Administrative Clerk
The Métis Nation – Saskatchewan is seeking a strong team player, of Métis Ancestry, committed to quality service to carry out objectives of the Registry and to provide a range of service as a Regional Administrative Clerk. This full time position will work half time for the Metis Nation- Saskatchewan Provincial Citizenship Registry and half time as an assistant to the MN-S Regional Representative in the Ile a la Crosse Regional office.
Please submit your resume with references and cover letter by Friday, November 9, 2018 at 5pm to:
Attention: Director of Registry
• Post secondary education or minimum 1 year experience in business administration
• Experience working in an accounting or finance department.
• A commitment to delivering a quality public service.
• Ability to act with tact and discretion and maintain confidentiality of clientele.
• Ability to work methodically, accurately and neatly.
• The ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to work independently, perform well under pressure, with shifting deadlines.
• Sort, catalogue, scan, and file electronic and original documentation.
• Working knowledge of standard software and/or basic equipment (e.g. MSOffice Suite, Outlook, Computers, Scanners).
• General knowledge of databases, electronic search and retrieval techniques.
• Commissioner of Oaths or able to obtain Commissioner of Oaths.
• Able to provide a Criminal Record Check with the Vulnerable Sector once hired.
• Training and/or experience interacting with the public in a retail and/or service environment.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with specialized programs and software.
• Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties.
• Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Friendly and professional demeanor.
• Driver’s License and reliable transportation required.
• Act as first point of contact for prospective Métis Nation citizens, the public, stake holders and government officials.
• Interview citizenship applicants and prospective applicants and provide information on the citizenship application process.
• Provide detailed information regarding eligibility, the application process, and the requirements for citizenship.
• Provide prospective applicants with detailed information on the application process and the supporting documentation required – in person and on phone.
• Ensure that the prospective applicant has a clear understanding of the criteria required to apply, based on the definition of Métis.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with appropriate judgement, discretion and adherence to policy.
• Ensure the quality and accuracy of work at all stages
• Ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with established policy and procedure.
• Complete the application intake process, including data entry.
• Make scans/ digital copies of documentation submitted where required.
• Provide prospective applicants who require it, with assistance in completing the application form.
• Provide the applicant with a receipt for all documentation submitted.
• Take photo of applicants, label, and upload to system.
• Assist with basic genealogical research & determine missing documentation.
• And any other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Registry Director.
• Support the MN-S Regional Representative in the day to day duties of the Regional Office.
• Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with clients.
• Prepare internal and external corporate documents for stakeholders and partners.
• Schedule meetings and appointments and manage travel itineraries.
• Arrange regional events that are to take place outside of the work place, such as community consultations or meetings.
• Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents.
• Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
• Develop and sustain a level of professionalism in the office and when dealing with clientele in person, in writing or on the phone.
• Other duties as assigned.