Accessibility Grant Program Guidelines
The Métis Nation – Saskatchewan (MN–S) Accessibility Grant Program (AGP) is an annual income supplement to assist qualified Métis Nation – Saskatchewan families. The AGP is designed to address the needs of families whose children have unique and specialized needs. Samples include but are not limited to:
- Children with medically fragile needs
- Children requiring developmental support services such as Speech and
- Occupational Therapy
- Behavioral interventions
- Specialized orthopedics
- Supportive technology aids
- Specialized support such as adapted clothing, and unique nutrition needs.
Each child will receive up to $5000 annually to cover these unique expenses. These grants can be applied for annually to support children ages from birth to 8.
- To assist Métis Nation–Saskatchewan families with child accessibility financial support.
- To assist Métis Nation–Saskatchewan families with opportunity to cover accessibility needs for their children ages birth to 8.
Families currently registered through the Métis Nation–Saskatchewan Registry may qualify for the AGP Program if:
- Parent is a registered Métis Nation–Saskatchewan citizen and resides in Saskatchewan or is in process of registering
- Child(ren) 8 or under who have accessibility needs
- Family provides proof of need for accessibility grant i.e., letter from a physician
- If child resides in dual homes, and both Métis parents apply, the grant amount will be divided equally
- Parent must have access to a bank account and be able to accept electronic payment
- MN–S will issue an annual T4A form to include in income tax planning. Families will receive the total amount they have received from MN–S for declaration on their income tax statements.
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP):
- The provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act are applicable to all information submitted through the application process and may be subject to an access request under the FOIP Act.
- In the event of a request for access under FOIP, MN–S will observe the provisions of that Act, including the requirement that prior to disclosure the third party will be provided with notice and an opportunity to object to disclosure of any confidential information.
- All information and communications related to the AGP Program application package are confidential and shall be maintained in confidence and kept secure by MN–S Department of ELCC.
- General data but no personal information may be shared within departments of Métis Nation–Saskatchewan, and others supporting the program (e.g., third party consultants if involved in the evaluation process under confidentiality agreements)
Enquiries and Contact Details;
Applicants may contact the Early Learning and Child Care staff at [email protected] in relation to general questions, requests for clarification and request for further information.
Terms and Conditions:
Métis Nation–Saskatchewan can:
- Consider or accept, or refuse to consider or accept, any application which is submitted other than in accordance with these guidelines or is lodged after the relevant date for lodgment, or which does not contain the information required by these guidelines or is otherwise non–conforming in any respect.
- Review and conduct due diligence investigations in respect of any applicant and subject applications to due diligence, technical, financial, and economic.
I agree to report to the Métis Nation–Saskatchewan department of ELCC any changes in my circumstances, or the circumstances of my family members, that may affect my eligibility for benefits, or the eligibility of my family members. If I am in doubt as to whether any changes in circumstances will affect my eligibility, I agree to report this to the Métis Nation–Saskatchewan department of ELCC.
I give my consent to the Métis Nation–Saskatchewan department of ELCC to obtain
and verify information or documents required to confirm my eligibility, or the eligibility of my family members for benefits under the AGP program. I give consent to use my Social Insurance Number for myself for the purposes of administration of the AGP program.
I give consent to the Métis Nation-Saskatchewan department of ELCC to disclose my information to third parties where the information is necessary to verify and confirm my eligibility for benefits or to assist in providing additional benefits. I state that the information given in this AGP application is true, correct, and complete and that I have not withheld any information which may have an effect on my benefits. I understand I may be liable to criminal prosecution for withholding information or providing false or misleading information.