MN-S Ministry of Health offers assistance to Métis kidney patients
October 6, 2020 – Métis Nation – Saskatchewan is launching a dialysis transportation pilot program to offer financial assistance to registered Métis patients, or immediate family members, travelling for kidney dialysis appointments.
To be eligible for the program you:
- Must live in Saskatchewan;
- Must be a Registered Métis citizen of MN-S or an immediate family member of a registered Métis citizen;
- Open to all ages. If under 18, rider must be accompanied by a guardian;
- In need of transportation to and from dialysis appointments;
- Riders must have access to an operational vehicle;
- Must have a driver with a valid driver’s licence, e.g. family or friends, to and from appointments;
- Must provide appointment confirmation with the medical clinic providing dialysis treatment.
The media release is available here.Click here to apply for dialysis transportation program
For more information contact Project Coordinator, Tanya Pruden, at 306-291-4758 or email her at [email protected]. Citizen ID must be provided to be considered for this program.