Early Learning & Child Care
Early Learning and Child Care Backpack Program ends for 2022
December 15, 2022 – The 2022 Métis Nation–Saskatchewan (MN–S) Early Learning and Child Care Aen paaktoon di bufloo lii zhenn chi kishkayhtahkik- the Buffalo Learning Program was an incredible success. As of Thursday, December 15, the 2022 backpack application process has closed.
Thank you to everyone who participated!
Here’s what you need to know:
- All children registered before Dec 15, 2022, will receive learning packages
- Over 2100 citizens will receive or have received backpacks in the 2022 program year
- A new shipment is scheduled for the week of December 20th
- The last 600 backpacks will be sent out in January 2023
- For those registered in the 2022 backpack year, the additional learning materials are scheduled to be sent in in January, March, May and June
- Questions? Email [email protected]
Watch for the ELCC Backpack Program to return during the 2023 school year!
The Little Buffalo Reader Program
The Imagination Library is a literacy program for Métis children birth to 4 years. Registered Métis children receive free age-appropriate books each month until their 5th birthday.Little Buffalo Application Form
MN–S Child Care Subsidy
MN–S Early Years Accessibility Grant Program
Métis Nation–Saskatchewan (MN–S) is pleased to be able to offer financial support to eligible Métis families with children who have unique requirements and needs.
The MN–S Early Years Accessibility Grant Program is an annual income supplement to help with developmental support services, medical or nutritional needs, specialized clothing or therapies, or behavioural interventions.
Eligible Métis families can receive up to $5000 per child to the age of 8 to cover expenses. For more information, email [email protected] Early Years Accessibility Grant conditions are here.Accessibility Grant Program