Let's Play (Maatawaytaak) Program
The Let’s Play (Maatawaytaak) Program is a reimbursement program designed to provide families, with Metis children, financial support for extra-curricular fees, equipment, and specialized clothing related to the activity or equipment. The program supports the social, physical, and mental well-being of Métis children and helps promote healthy growth and development. The goal is to get children active and involved in their culture and/or community.
- The child must be between the ages of 0 to 8 years old.
- The child must be an MN–S citizen or in the process of acquiring citizenship. Visit our website https://metisnationsk.com/citizenship/ for citizenship information.
- The applicant must be able to provide proof of purchase of extra-curricular fees or proof of purchase of equipment or clothing pertaining to the activity.
- The applicant (parent/guardian) can receive up to $500.00 per child.
- The applicant (parent/guardian) and child must reside within Saskatchewan.
- The applicant (parent/guardian) applying must reside with the child(ren) participating in the program.
While this is a reimbursement program, just to sign our Métis children up for an activity is costly. The MN–S Early Learning and Child Care team is ready to talk about the possibilities. Reach out to [email protected] and discuss the options.
Please read our ELCC Let’s Play (Maatawaytaak) Program Handbook for guidelines and other important information pertaining to the program.
The Let’s Play (Maatawaytaak) Program will run from November 2023 to March 31, 2024.
Please forward any general questions to [email protected]