New COVID Cases Overwhelmingly Unvaccinated People
August 9, 2021 – With the number of COVID-19 cases rising in Saskatchewan, the Ministry of Health reports that new cases and serious outcomes from those cases are overwhelmingly among unvaccinated people. More than 90 per cent of all new COVID-19 cases in July were unvaccinated or partially vaccinated people. Last month, four deaths in Saskatchewan were people who tested positive; all were unvaccinated or within three weeks of receiving their first dose. There were no deaths in those who were more than 21 days after their first dose or fully vaccinated. Approximately one-third of the cases were 19 years and under. More information is here.
Remember, simple measures reduce the risk:
- Get vaccinated as soon as you are able
- Unsure about the status of others? Mask and maintain physical distance
- Stay home with even the mildest symptoms and get tested
- Reduce close contacts and non-essential travel
- Outdoors is better than indoors
- Wash hands/sanitize often
More information on living with COVID-19 and COVID-19 prevention is here.