MN-S Cancer Transportation Pilot Program
Medical transportation is one of the priority areas for Métis Nation–Saskatchewan (MN–S) Ministry of Health for Métis citizens. Through engagement with Métis citizens, we have learned this is one the major barriers for access to healthcare services. This is particularly significant for cancer patients in Northern and Rural areas because cancer treatment is only available in Saskatoon and Regina. In response to this challenge, MN-S is launching a cancer transportation pilot program to offer financial assistance to registered Métis citizens traveling to and from cancer-related appointments.
MN-S Cancer Transportation Pilot Program will provide reimbursement to citizens for fuel and $25 flat rate for parking costs associated with travel to and from the patient’s community for cancer-related appointments. At this time, the program will not provide accommodation costs.
- Must live in Saskatchewan;
- Must be a Registered Métis citizen of MN-S or an immediate family member of a registered Métis citizen;
- Open to all ages. If under 18, rider must be accompanied by a guardian;
- In need of transportation to and from cancer-related appointments;
- Riders must have access to an operational vehicle;
- Must have a driver with a valid driver’s licence, e.g. family or friends, to and from appointments;
- Must provide appointment confirmation with the cancer clinic
To apply for reimbursement for your fuel and parking costs please complete the form below and contact our CPAC Project Coordinator Tanya Pruden at 306-291-4758 or email her at [email protected].