Amachiwayhaataak (Let’s Soar) Program
The Amachiwayhaataak – Let’s Soar Program provides financial support to families of Métis children (age 0-8) who have additional or specialized needs. This program helps families access the educational, health and social supports they need for their child(ren).
This program is designed to support Metis children’s access to additional services they need. The goal is to give parents the confidence and comfort to have their children succeed in their educational journey.
- The child must be age 0 to 8 years old. The child will become ineligible the month following their 9th birthday.
- The child must be an MN–S citizen or in the process of acquiring citizenship* and must not have applied for First Nation status. Please visit our website https://metisnationsk.com/citizenship/ for citizenship information.
- The applicant (parent/guardian) must provide documentation (a referral from a health, social, or educational professional) that supports the need for the service or product requested.
- The applicant (parent/guardian) and child must reside within Saskatchewan.
- The applicant (parent/guardian) applying must reside with the child.
Services for equitable medical and education can be a costly process. The MN–S Early Learning and Child Care team is ready to talk about the possibilities. Apply today.
The Amachiwayhaataak (Let’s Soar) Program will run from January 10, 2024 to March 31st, 2024.
Please read the Let’s Soar Program Handbook for guidelines and other important program information.
Please forward any general questions to Austin at [email protected]
*MN-S will issue an annual T4A form to include in income tax planning. Families will receive the total amount they have received from MN-S for declaration on their income tax statements.